It may be a little surprise, discovering that there is a vegetarian version of cordon bleu. Well, if the typical cordon bleu recipe uses ham and layered with lean chicken meat, this dish uses alternatives for the sake of those vegetarians.
This recipe uses carrots, sliced bread, veggie ham or veggie salami and green pepper.
Perfect for those who don’t want to sacrifice their diet and lifestyle for the sake of delicious meal. This vegetarian cordon bleu is the answer in searching for delicious, healthy and superb meal to cook!
- ¼ k veggie ham, veggie salami or vegemeat (cut in strips, 2 in.long), stir-fried
- ½ c carrots (2 in.long strips)
- ½ c red or green pepper (2 in. long strips)
- ½ c flour
- bread crumbs
- pieces of sliced bread, rolled flat
- In a bowl, add enough water to flour to make a thick batter. Add a little salt. Set aside.
- Place 1 or 2 pcs of veggie ham or salami or vegemeat, carrots, bell pepper and cheese on top of flat bread slice. Roll.
- Dip in batter, roll in breadcrumbs then fry. Serve with ketchup.