- 2 cups glutinous rice, soaked overnight
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup young coconut, shredded into strips
- banana leaves, passed through lames to wilt
- grind the rice until fine
- transfer the ground rice to a cheese cloth. tie the end of the cheese cloth. press to remove excess water.
- place the ground rice on a tray to dry a little.
- add the sugar and young coconut. mix well and water to form a soft mixture.
- place 3 tablespoons of the mixture, form into a cylinder and place in banana leaves. flatten a little before broiling over hot charcoal.
- the tupig is done when the filling is brownish and chewy in consistency.