- 2 kilos chicken, your choice cuts
- Salt and pepper for coating
- Cooking oil for deep frying
- For the breading:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. five spice powder or ngohiong powder
- 1 tsp. fine salt, adjust if necessary
- Rub and press each chicken pieces with salt and pepper until all is evenly coated.
- To make the breading, combine flour, cornstarch, five spice powder, garlic powder and salt in a bowl/container.
- Stir the dry ingredients using a fork until evenly mixed.
- Coat each chicken pieces with the breading inside and out. Coat underneath the skin as well.
- Heat the oil in a deep fryer or deep frying pan.
- Fry the chicken pieces for about 15 to 20 minutes in medium fire. (Don’t overcrowd the fryer to avoid the fried chicken to become soggy and loose it’s crispiness.
- Put the chicken in a plate with paper towel to drain excess oil.
- Serve hot and enjoy your Fried Chicken ala Jollibee Chicken Joy!