- 375g fettuccine pasta, cooked
- ‘1½ tablespoons olive oil
- 2 chicken breast fillet, strips
- ½ white onion, chopped
- 150g button mushrooms, sliced
- 3 garlic gloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- ⅓ cup dry white wine
- 300ml bechamel sauce (white sauce)
- Parmesan Cheeses
- Heat 2 tabelspoons oil in a large, deep frying pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken strips and cook.
- Add onion. Cook, stirring for 2 minutes or until softened. Add mushrooms. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until just tender. Add garlic, thyme and lemon zest. Cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or ubtil coated. Add wine. Bring to boil, stirring. Reduce heat to low. Add bechamel sauce. Stir to combine. Simmer fro 2 to 3minutes or until heated through.
- Add pasta and chicken to mushroom mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through. Spoon into bowls. Top with grated parmesan and extra thyme. Serve.