Nikuklok Na Manok Recipe
- pc whole chicken
- 5 cups rock salt
- 1 tsp iodized salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 whole red onion
- 1 stalk of leek, white part only
- For the dipping sauce:
- 3 tbsps soy sauce
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Wash chicken thoroughly.
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel.
- Mix the dry rub ingredients in a bowl: Salt, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper.
- Rub this all over the chicken.
- Stuff the chicken with onions and leeks.
- Put the rock salt in a deep frying pan.
- Make sure the bed of salt is at least two inches deep.
- Place the chicken on its back, on top of the bed of salt.
- Cover pan and cook over low- medium heat for 1 and ½ hours.
- Serve with the dipping sauce made of soy sauce and the juice of lemon.