- 3 cups fresh coconut cream, with no water added
- 1 cup fresh milk
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup water
- 5 pc pandan (fragrant screw pine) leaves
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 cups ube pulp (yam), peeled, boiled and mashed finely
- 1 tbsp salt
- ¼ cup fresh butter
- ¾ cup cornstarch
- In a wok, mix all ingredients together thoroughly. Make sure mixture is free of lumps. Cook in medium heat.
- Turn to low when maja starts to boil. Stir continuously to prevent mixture from scorching. When mixture starts to glisten, maja is fully cooked.
- Immediately transfer into baking casserole to set. Discard pandan leaves. Slice and serve when cool. Top with toasted grated coconut.