Calamares with Garlic Mayo Dip Recipe
- 1/2 lb medium to large sized squid, cleaned and sliced into rings
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 piece raw egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups cooking oil
For Garlic Mayo Dip
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- One half tsp white pepper
- Combine squid, salt, and ground black pepper then mix well. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Heat a cooking pot the pour-in cooking oil.
- Dredge the squid in flour then dip in beaten egg and roll over breadcrumbs.
- When the oil is hot enough, deep-fry the squid until the color of the coating turns brown. Note: This should only take about 2 to 3 minutes in medium heat. Do not overcook the squid.
- Remove the fried squid from the cooking pot and transfer in a plate lined with paper towels.
- Mix Garlic Mayo Dip ingredients in a bowl and serve with calamares.
- Share and enjoy!