Beef Caldereta Recipe
- 1 Kg Beef, cubed
- 3 cloves Garlic, crushed and chopped
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 4 cups Water
- 1 cup Red Bell Pepper, cut into strips
- 1 cup Tomato Sauce
- ½ cup Liver Spread or Liver paste (processed using blender)
- 1 tsp. crushed Chili
- 3 large Bay Leaves
- 2 cups Potatoes, cubed
- 2 cups Carrots, cubed (small)
- 1 cup Cooking Oil
- 2/3 cup Green Olives (the salty and sour taste of green olives gives a very nice flavor for this dish)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the cooking oil in the pan and fry the carrots and potatoes until color turns light brown.
- Remove the fried carrots and potatoes from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan where the vegetables were fried, sauté the garlic and onions.
- Add the beef and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add water and let the beef boil until tender (about 30 minutes using a pressure cooker).
- Add the tomato sauce and liver spread and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add green olives, carrots, bay leaves, bell pepper,crushed chili,and potatoes and simmer for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve Hot. Excellent with white rice.