Tikoy lumpia with chocolate dip sounds tasty, doesn’t it? Imagine the sweetness of the tikoy wrapped and fried to crisp in lumpia wrapper and then combined with the heavenly taste of chocolate dip. It’s good. Yummy good.
Tikoy is cooked by wrapping the strips in lumpia wrapper then frying in oil. The first step is done not only to add flavor but to prevent the pieces from sticking together and sticking to pan, in case non-stick pan is used. The wrapper performs well, plus, gives the end a sturdier shape.
The Chinese New Year celebration is quite long and you must have bought or received more than one Chinese Tikoy. So in addition to our Chinese Tikoy with Egg Recipe let us share with you another alternative way of cooking your Chinese Tikoy.
- 1 plain tikoy, cut into finger thick strips
- 5-6 pc lumpia wrapper
- slurry for securing wrapper
- oil for deep frying
- mandarin oranges for garnish
- Wrap tikoy with lumpia wrapper and deep fry. Set aside.
- Chocolate dip:
- 100g tablea chocolate, unsweetened
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Place everything in a pot and stir. Serve with tikoy and mandarin oranges on the side.