Sinigang na Pata with Puso ng Saging
- 1 whole pata (pork hocks)
- 1 banana heart, cleaned and prepared
- 3 pcs tomatoes,quartered
- 1 pc onion, halved
- 7 pieces batwan (or tamarind powder mix)
- Salt and/or fish sauce to taste
- 4-5 cups of water (adjustable)
- Over charcoal, broil the whole pata 20-30 minutes or until it is cooked.
- Chop into serving portions.
- In a pot of water, place the pata, onions and tomatoes. Boil in medium fire 30-45 minutes until the pata is tender.
- Add cleaned puso ng saging and boil/simmer until the banana heart become soft.
- Finally add batwan (or tamarind powder). Adjust taste with salt and/or fish sauce.