- 4 cups of rice flour
- 1 and 1/2 cups of white sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp instant dry yeast
- 1 tbsp. Vanilla
- 6 cups of water
- Making WATER ROUX (1/2 cup rice flour and 1 cup of water)
- Salted eggs
- First, prepare and measure all the ingredients you need.
- In a big bowl, mix the rice flour, sugar, baking powder, and yeast. Mix well.
- Pour the water the dry ingredients then mix until no lumps. Cover and set aside.
- Now make the water roux. Mix rice flour and water in a pan. Stir until dissolve.
- Then turn on the stove over medium heat.
- Stir constantly until a sticky paste is formed.
- Immediately add the roux to the rice flour batter you made earlier. Mix until there are no more lumps.
- Cover and let rest for 1.5 hours.
- After 1.5 hours, stir the batter to remove bubbles. Don’t overmix.
- Pour the batter into the molds.
- Toppings with slice cheese and salted eggs.
- Arrange into a steamer.
- Steam for about 18-20 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy the putong bigas with cheese and salted eggs