This Pizza Pandesal recipe is inspire to typical pizza made of oven-baked flat, round bread topped with tomato sauce, cheese and various toppings.
If you have a lot of left-over pandesal this morning and you want it to use before it expire, this recipe is perfect for you to try.
Craving for pizza, you don’t always have to dial the delivery number and wait it in your doorsteps. Having some ingredients, you may use pandesal as alternative to pizza crust.
The outcome is very good and the kids love it. Pizza is one of the best snack ever especially when partnered with soft drinks…oh sooooo yummy!
It’s so easy and very interesting to prepare pizza for yourself. The advantage of making a home-made pizza is you can play with it, you can experiment flavors and make the best pizza ever. You can make left-over foods such as ham or bacon to make your budget-wise pizza. Now you can make home-made pizza and enjoy preparing it with the help of your kids in decorating the pizza.
- 6 large pan de salt, halved butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup tomato paste
- 1tsp. hot barbecue sauce
- 1 cup chopped salami or hotdog
- 1 tbsp. sweet mixed pickles,
- 1 tsp. chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 2 large frankfurters, sliced
- 1 hard boiled egg, sliced (optional)
- Remove some of the inner part of the bread. (Another way is to remove all the soft inner parts and leave only the crusty portion.)
- Butter the remaining parts. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine tomato paste, barbecue sauce, salami or hotdog, pickles, and bell pepper.
- Fill each half of pan de salt with the mixture.
- Cover each piece with grated cheese.
- Garnish each with slices of frankfurter and a slice of hard-boiled egg.
- Bake at 250”F until the cheese melts.