Pesang Maya-Maya Recipe
- 2 lbs. Maya-Maya or any white fish, cleaned and cut into serving size
- 5 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- 2 thumb size ginger, sliced thin
- 1 medium size onion, sliced
- 1 lb. cabbage, quartered
- 1 bunch pechay, remove ends (not in the picture)
- 2 large tomato, quartered
- 3 stalks green onion, cut into halves
- 4 cups rice washing or water
- 2 tbs. fish sauce
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- 2 tsp. cooking oil
- Heat large pot in medium heat and add cooking oil. Saute ginger, onions and garlic until translucent.
- Add rice washing or water and bring into a boil. Season with fish sauce, salt and ground pepper and simmer for few minutes.
- Add fish and tomato. Continue cooking for at least 5 minutes. Add cabbage and pechay and continue cooking until fish and vegetables are fully cooked.
- Taste test if more fish sauce or salt is needed.
- Add green onions and simmer for a minute. Remove pot from heat and serve hot. Enjoy.