Pastillas Tostado Recipe
- 1 c. fresh whole milk
- 2 c. full cream powdered milk
- ½ c. sugar
- 2 T. butter
- extra sugar for rolling (about ¼ c.)
- Put the 2 kinds of milk and the ½ c. sugar in a pan. Mix.
- Bring to a boil and cook for about 20 minutes, while constantly stirring on low heat until thick and caramel colored.
- Mix in the butter.
- Transfer to a bowl and leave to cool.
- Cut into strips, then roll into ½″ diameter batons. Cut into 2 inch lengths then roll in sugar.
- Wrap in squares of cellophane.
- Source: adorasbox.com