Pandan Flan Recipe
- 8 egg yolks
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 can evaporated milk (if you want the flan to be lighter, try to substitute this with whole milk or 2%)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup refined or light brown sugar
- ¼ cup water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix the custard ingredients (eggs and milk) well in a glass bowl. Do not use an electric mixer. It will cause the mixture to bubble and will result in plenty of holes or craters in your flan. Just mix well with a whisk until smooth. Set aside.
- Make the caramel. Mix the sugar and water and heat over medium-high while continuously stirring until it reaches caramel consistency (it should be light brown in color). Place ramekins on a roasting pan. Divide the caramel among your ramekins, making sure the bottom is completely covered. Once the caramel hardens, pour the custard/flan mixture in each ramekin.
- Pour boiling water in the roasting pan, about 1-inch deep. Cover the roasting pan with aluminum foil and poke holes on it so steam can come out. Bake in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Chill your flan before serving. Run a knife through the sides of the ramekin and invert the flan into a plate to serve. Top with fruit--raspberry or strawberry makes for a good garnish. Enjoy!