This dish is popular in Tuguegarao City, Cagayan. Pancit batil patung recipe is composed of two parts: the noodles with toppings, and the sauce which looks like an egg drop soup. Poached egg along with sautéed meats and vegetables are topped over the fresh miki noodles, while a piece of egg is cracked and stirred-in simmering beef stock and poured in a bowl.
Both components should be present when eating this dish to experience optimal flavor. The sauce is gradually poured over the noodles and meat and it is further enhanced by adding a tablespoonful or two of the chopped onion and vinegar dip.
The beef stock that makes the batil is traditionally prepared using carabeef. If this ingredient is not accessible, try using beef bones. Minced beef was also used for the topping, instead of minced carabeef. The batil was prepared in a special way through the different ingredients that added; it makes it more flavorful — after all, the batil is a major component that affects the overall taste of Pancit Batil Patung.
- 500 g fresh miki
- 200 g pork belly fat, sliced into small pieces
- 200 g beef, minced
- 2 cups chicharon, crushed
- ¼ head cabbage, sliced
- 100 g bean sprouts
- 3-4 cups chicken stock
- ½ cup soy sauce
- Fish sauce, to taste
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 head garlic, minced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 pcs eggs, sunny side-up
- Place wok in high heat then pour oil and add beef.
- Stir fry until brown, season with salt and set aside.
- Add oil to the wok then sauté half of the garlic and onions, add the cabbages
- and stir fry for two minutes, season with fish sauce and pepper.
- Remove from wok and set aside.
- On high heat, add the pork pieces into the wok then cook until brown on all sides.
- On the same pan, sauté half of the garlic and onions for one minute.
- Adjust heat to high and add the fresh noodles, one cup of chicken stock
- and soy sauce, stir while cooking.
- Slowly add the remaining chicken stock, stirring continuously
- for at least five minutes.
- Season with fish sauce then stir in the bean sprouts.
- Remove noodles from wok, set aside on a serving dish.
- Spread cooked minced beef on top of vegetable.
- Spread crushed chicharon on top of minced beef.
- Top with cooked sunny side-up egg then serve with calamansi.