- 2 lbs. boneless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 raw egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- ½ cup green onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch (diluted in 2 tbsp water)
- Cooking oil for deep-frying
- 1 cup water
- 4 tbsp. orange juice
- ¼ cup vinegar
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- In a container, put-in the flour, salt and ground black pepper then mix well.
- Dip the chicken on the beaten egg and place inside the container with the flour mixture.
- Close the container and shake until the chicken is evenly coated with the flour mixture.
- Deep fry the chicken until the color turns golden brown then set aside.
- In a pan/pot, put-in the water, soy sauce, vinegar and orange juice then bring to a boil.
- Add the garlic and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the sugar and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Put-in the diluted cornstarch and green onions then mix well.
- Add the deep-fried chicken and cook until sauce nearly evaporates.
- Serve hot and enjoy your orange chicken!
Orange Chicken recipe video:
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more awesome recipe videos!