What makes nutella a favorite? Well, who can resist this creamy chocolate spread? Unless you have some health issues though. And who wants cheesecake? In this recipe, these two are combined-no baking needed.
Cheesecake is now a hit, especially those no-bake ones. And putting it together with nutella in one serving is calling all kids and adults alike to the dinner table early. Yes, they will surely love it. Being a beginner in cooking or baking is not an issue. This is perfect for you. No way you can miss this recipe. It is easy to follow. And your guests will surely come back and get another.
This no-bake recipe uses no gelatine. Hence, it is best served straight from the fridge.
Trivia: February 5 is World Nutella Day. Who loves nutella again? Come, come, come. Let’s make every day Nutella Day. Try this recipe.
- For the Crust:
- 18 Oreo cookies, crushed into crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- For the Filling:
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup nutella (chocolate hazelnut spread)
- 1½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- For the Topping (optional):
- Extra sweetened whipped cream
- Crushed oreos or chocolate curls
- In a medium bowl, stir together the Oreo cookie crumbs and melted butter. Evenly divide the crumbs between your individual serving dishes and press into the bottoms of the dishes to form a crust layer. Glass dessert cups work well for this, as well as mini-trifle dishes; you could also use a mini-cheesecake pan or simply small glass bowls.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until light and smooth. Add the nutella and mix until combined and smooth. Add the vanilla and mix to combine.
- In another medium/large bowl, whip the cream and powdered sugar together until medium to stiff peaks form.
- Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in the whipped cream into the cream cheese/nutella mixture until well blended and no streaks remain.
- Spoon the filling into individual serving dishes on top of the crust. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until serving, at least 2 hours or up to 8 hours.
- If desired, garnish with additional whipped topping, chocolate shavings, and/or toasted, chopped hazelnuts.