On every meals, most awaited time is the ending part on which the desserts are served. Who would not with those sweet treats that is really savory? These sweets are commonly cooked baked, however, you do not have to worry if you don’t have oven available on your home or you don’t have the talent on baking. We have this no-bake lemon icebox cake recipe for you to try. This is made flavorful using lemon zest, lemon juice, graham crackers, egg yolks, sugar, cornstarch, salt, whole milk, and whipping or all-purpose cream. A total sweet, creamy and irresistible combination of ingredients! Surely, this will satisfy your sweet tooth. Perfect dessert to pair in any meals, or have this for snack. This comforting food is also great to those home alone time, while watching television or movie. Perhaps you can share this dish to your love ones during those gatherings, celebrations or occasions with friends and family. Bring sweetness to you dining using this lemon icebox cake. So try this recipe now, or add to your file of desserts and snack next to prepare during your meals. Happy cooking!
- 2 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- ½ cup lemon juice (from about 3 lemons)
- 12 graham crackers
- 3 large egg yolks
- ½ cup plus 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp plus 1 tsp cornstarch
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 & ¼ cups whole milk
- ½ cup whipping or all-purpose cream
- Whisk together yolks, ½ cup sugar, cornstarch, lemon zest and salt in a saucepan. Add milk and whisk until smooth.
- Cook over medium-low heat, whisking constantly, until mixture thickens (about 5 minutes). Remove from heat and whisk in lemon juice.
- Strain mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a clean bowl. Cover with plastic (pressing directly onto surface of custard to prevent a skin from forming) and refrigerate until cool (about 30 minutes).
- Line bottom of an 8-inch baking dish with 6 graham crackers (break into pieces to fill space, if necessary). Spoon ½ of pudding over graham crackers, spreading into an even layer. Repeat with remaining 6 graham crackers and rest of pudding.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Just before serving, whip cream with remaining 1 tsp. sugar until it holds stiff peaks. Spread whipped cream in a thin layer over top of cake.