Crema de fruta is a classic Filipino dessert made with three layers: a soft sponge cake, creamy vanilla custard, and fruit cocktail that is set in gelatin.
Because each layer requires the use of completely different recipes, this dessert can turn out to be a little more time-consuming than you would expect it to be.
Some recipe uses broas, you may use it also as well. But you are probably thinking: why would you use crunchy and crumbly broas for a sponge cake layer that’s supposed to be soft? All you have to do is quickly dip each broas (do not soak them) into the reserved syrup from your can of fruit cocktail. Though, this recipe uses graham crackers.
Try this recipe now!
- Graham crackers, whole
- 1 medium-sized can mixed fruit cocktail, drained
- 1 pack all purpose cream
- Line a rectangular container with three layers of whole Graham crackers. Add more layers if you want a thicker crust.
- Spread the all purpose cream and mixed fruit cocktail on top.
- Add a layer of whole Graham crackers.
- Repeat steps 2 & 3 until the desired number of layers is achieved. Finish it with step 2.
- Serve chilled or frozen and enjoy your Crema De Fruta!