Surely you all have heard of peanut butter and banana sandwiches, but have you heard of chocolate and banana? Okay, maybe you have. But adding graham crackers gives you a whole new view on your ordinary Choco-banana.
Who doesn’t love pulling out a cool midnight dessert or something new and innovative to serve after dinner? This No Bake Choco-Banana Graham cakewill surely earn a lot of oohs and aahs around the room. With a light balance of sweetness by adding delicious bananas and a white fluff of cream, also that extra oomph by the graham crackers, you’ll see children lining up for more.
- 2 cups milk chocolate, chopped
- 5 large egg yolks
- 3 cups heavy cream/ all-purpose cream
- 20 graham cracker sheets
- 4 or 5 ripe bananas, very thinly sliced lengthwise
- Garnish: whipped cream
- Line a 5-by-10-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap. Place chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Place yolks and a pinch of salt in another heatproof bowl.
- Bring cream to a simmer in a medium saucepan. Slowly pour cream into bowl with yolks, whisking constantly; return mixture to saucepan set over low heat.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon, about 8 minutes (mixture should not come to a boil).
- Immediately strain through a fine sieve set over chocolate; stir until chocolate melts and is smooth.
- Refrigerate, stirring occasionally, until thick, about 4 hours.
- Spread 1 cup chocolate mixture evenly into bottom of loaf pan. Top with a layer of 4 graham crackers, trimmed to fit. Spread ½ cup chocolate over tops, and cover with some bananas. Spread ½ cup chocolate over bananas, and top with a layer of 4 trimmed graham crackers.
- Repeat with remaining chocolate, bananas, and graham crackers until you reach the top of the pan; finish with graham crackers.
- Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate overnight. Uncover, and turn out onto a serving platter. Remove plastic wrap. Garnish with whipped cream, and cut into slices.