- 10 bananas (saba) or cassava, boiled and sliced
- 3 cups grated coconut
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ cup margarine
- ½ cup pinipig, toasted and ground finely (optional)
- In a wood or marble mortar, pound bananas or cassava. (Ingredients can also be ground)
- Add grated coconut and sugar gradually, then pound.
- Turn over the mixture with a big spoon.
- Add margarine and pound further until. Soft and smooth.
- Shape nilupak into small cakes or serve in saucers.
- Sprinkle with pinipig, if desired.
- Image: angsarap.net