Milk Puto Recipe
- 6 cups evaporated milk
- 1 cup condensed milk
- 3 cups galapong
- 1 & ½ cups glutinous rice (malagkit)
- 2 bottles 7-Up or Sprite
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1& ½ cups cream corn
- 1 cup whole corn kernels
- 3 cups freshly shredded buko
- In a pot, combine the evaporated and condensed milk, milled rice, glutinous rice, 7-Up and sugar.
- Mix well. Boil for 3 minutes stirring continuously. Strain.
- Transfer the boiled rice to a moderate heat and cook over stirring continuously.
- Add the corn and buko and continue cooking until thick.
- Pour into a 12-inch round wooden container, cover with cheesecloth (katsa) and steam for 40 minutes to an hour. Slice diagonally and serve.
- Source: filveggie.com
- Image: pinoycook.wordpress.com
- Puto has many different versions (or forms) depending on the ingredients or the cooking procedure. Check these other amazing puto recipes, and try one today:
- Puto Bumbong
- Puto Flan
- Flavored Puto
- Puto Seco
- Puto Pao