Kamote, also known as sweet potato is abundant in the Philippines. Local farmers grow it anywhere making it available in local markets.
Aside from what we all know popular dish for kamote, which is fried and coated with sugar, another recipe you may try is the lumpiang kamote.
The process of cooking this recipe is similar in making turon, also the reason why others call this kamote turon.
You just need to sliced sweet potatoes into strips, mixed it with sugar and then wrap it into lumpia wrapper and then fry.
You may enjoy this delicious and healthy snack anytime!
- kamote/camote or sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced into strips
- brown sugar
- cooking oil
- lumpia wrappers
- Separate each lumpia wrapper. Set aside.
- Pour brown sugar on a shallow bowl. Also pour water on a separate bowl.
- Rest a wrapper on a plate. Get a strip of kamote and dip sides on brown sugar. Place the kamote on lumpia wrapper. Fold two sides of the circle over the camote then roll the wrapper up. Dip your finger on the bowl of water then spread the water on the end of the lumpia wrapper to seal it.
- Do same procedure with the rest of sliced kamote.
- Heat oil in a small frying pan. On medium high heat, fry the LUMPIANG KAMOTE until golden brown. Drain excess oil.