- 2 lbs. pork belly
- 5 pcs. dried bay leaves (laurel)
- 2 tbsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. whole peppercorns
- 2 medium-sized onions
- 3 cups cooking oil
- 34 ounces water
- For the sauce:
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 medium-sized onion (chopped)
- ½ cup water
- 3 tbsp. vinegar (we used sukang Ilocos)
- 4 tbsp. soy sauce
- Pour the water in a big cooking pot & bring to a boil.
- Put in the pork belly, onions, 1tbsp salt, bay leaves & peppercorns. Simmer for 30 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Remove the meat from the pot and let it cool down.
- Spread 1 tbsp of salt on the meat, make sure to distribute it evenly on all sections.
- We should deep fry the meat. On a dry frying pan, place the cooking oil and heat it up.
- When the oil is hot enough, put in the meat & cook until the bottom part is brown. Flip the meat to cook the opposite part.
- Remove the meat from the pan, let it cool down a little then slice according to desired portions. Place in a plate with paper towels so the oil from meat will be absorbed.
- Serve with sauce and enjoy!
- Making the sauce:
- Put in the water, onion, sugar, vinegar and soy sauce in a small bowl.
- Stir thoroughly until well blended.
- Serve and enjoy!
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more awesome recipe videos!