Kadyos Baboy Langka (KBL Recipe)
- 2 pieces Pata (pork hocks) sliced into pieces
- 1 unripe Jack fruit, cubed
- 2 cups pigeon pea (kadyos) soaked in water for an hour
- 1 cup Ripe tamarind juice or add more if desired /or use batwan fruit
- 12 cups water /adjust
- Kamote tops (or any vegetable you like ,string beans ,kangkong etc)
- Salt and pepper or use Fish sauce
- 4 chili pepper /siling haba
- 1 bundle of lemon grass/ or ginger /optional
- In a pot with water, add lemon grass ,boil pork for 10 to 15 minutes to remove traces of scam ,remove from boiling water ,wash and rinse ..
- I will grill the pork using turbo for about 40 minutes or just cook it slowly in a pot for about 1 to hours until becomes tender ..
- while boiling or grilling the pata ..let us saute garlic onions and tomatoes with 2 tbsp oil until fragrant..
- after we grilled or boiled pata we can cook them in a pressure cooker
- Add pork , kadyos beans and langka cubes and sauteed ingredients . pour some amount of water just to cover the meat ..add a pieces of ginger or lemon grass and cook for an hour ..
- After an hour ,remove lemon grass or tanlad ,we can now add tamarind juice and chili pepper ,seasoned with salt or patis..adding black pepper is a choice , cook for another 10-15 minutes
- make sure the langka kadyos and pork are tender before adding sour ingredients....then we can adjust the taste ..
- the last part add Kamote leaves cook for 2 to 5 minutes and done
- adjustments of water is up to you ..