- 6 egg yolks
- ½ kilo white sugar
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (14oz)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- In a frying pan, combine sweetened condensed milk, egg yolks and vanilla essence. Mix well and bring to a boil in low heat.
- Stir constantly as if you are scraping the bottom of the pan to prevent mixture from burning.
- The mixture is ready when its texture is not too soft nor too hard.
- Refrigerate the mixture for 30 minutes to cool it down and so that it will be easier for you to form balls from it.
- When the mixture cooled down, form balls from it using your palms.
- Roll the balls on wide a plate with white sugar for coating.
- Optional: Wrap the balls in cellophane before serving.
- Enjoy your yema balls!