- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 3 pcs eggs
- 6 ounces evaporated milk
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsps butter, melted
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- dash of food color (optional)
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- pinch of salt
- small slices of cheese (for topping)
- Molding Cups and paper liner
- In a mixing bowl, put the flour, sugar and baking powder. Mix well. Then set aside.
- In the other mixing bowl, put the eggs, milk, and water. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture milk into the dry ingredients little by little. Then mix it well.
- Add the vanilla, melted butter and shredded cheese.
- Add food color to better and colorful puto. But it is optional. Then set aside.
- Brush of melted butter each cups or use cupcakes wrapper. Then fill each molder cup of puto mixture.
- Place them in the steamer properly. Steam for about 8-10 minutes.
- After 8 minutes put the slices of cheese on top of each puto and steam for another 2 minutes.
- Let them cool down then remove the cooked puto from the molder cups.
- Serve and enjoy your puto cheese!