Have a time of refreshment with this mango sago gulaman dessert! You will surely love this!
There is no way that you will fail with mango. It is the best dessert you can have! Even when eaten fresh, it is sure to give you so much satisfaction. How much more when added with cream and condensed milk?! And sago?! This may be the best sago gulaman dessert that you will have this week!
Sago gulaman is a favorite thirst-quencher in the Philippines. It is commonly made of sugar syrup, gulaman or gelatin, sago or tapioca pearls, as well as vanilla. Sometimes banana essence is used. You will find it in stalls along schools and supermarkets. It is also offered in some stalls in malls and restaurants. With time, variations come for this drink. We now have different flavors; this mango flavor is just one. And we think that it is the best!
Have you ever craved for the chewy sago and soft gulaman? They are the best parts of this drink! Sago is actually starch extracted from the pith of tropical palm stems. Indonesia and Malaysia are the biggest suppliers of sago. Sago pearls become gelatinized when heated. Yay. Can still remember chewing those pearls! This recipe uses jelly powder. Do you know that gelatin and gulaman are different? They differ in terms of their source. Gulaman or agar comes from red algae or seaweed. Gelatin is obtained from collagen present in animal skin and bones. Agar comes in powder, flakes, or dried bars; gelatin is available in powder, sheet, or granule forms.
With summer approaching, this recipe may come handy to cool you down. There is a lot of mangoes available during this time of the year. In case you would not know what to do with your extra mangoes, clickn on this page. Have a joyous summer ahead!
- 2 ripe mangoes, sliced (to be crushed)
- 1 can (300ml) condensed milk
- 1 can (370ml) crema-asada
- 1 pack (250ml) all-purpose cream
- ¼ kg sago, cooked & drained
- 1 sachet mango jelly powder, cooked & diced
- 2 ripe mangoes, diced
- Put sliced mangoes into the blender. Turn on the blender until the mangoes are crushed.
- Add the condensed milk, crema-asada, and all-purpose cream. Turn on the blender until the ingredients are well-blended.
- Transfer the mixture into a big container.
- Add the sago, diced gulaman, and diced mangoes. Mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- Serve in glasses. Top with diced mangoes if desired.
- Enjoy your mango sago gulaman dessert!