How many dishes have you made with sardines so far? Would you like to add one more in your list? Cooking Pinoy has this cheap lumpiang sardines ready for you!
This enhanced community quarantine probably caused you to stock up with canned goods. How many cans do you have now? Or how many have you consumed already? Among these cans is sardines for sure. You might have also received a relief pack with this staple in it. So this is not the season to get tired of eating sardines. We must be creative so that we will be sustained. You could have tried having it with pechay or using it in making patties. There is a recipe circulating on social media about the latter, as well as other options. It is quite a usable canned good. You can make a lot out of it.
So why lumpia? Well, it is easy to make. You can even prepare it beforehand and store in the refrigerator. Cooking it the next day or whenever your hungry self would want it will be easy then. Lumpia or spring roll is a common dish in our country. It is made of thin crepe pastry filled with either sweet or savory filling, and it can be either served deep fried or fresh. Turon is a sweet banana roll glazed with caramelized sugar. Lumpiang ubod is made from julienned heart (ubod) of the coconut tree. Lumpiang togue has bean sprouts in it. We also have lumpiang hubad and dinamita. Lumpiang shanghai is filled with sauteed ground pork, onions, carrots, and other spices; this may be is the closest to our lumpiang sardines.
There is no reason to run out of ideas of what to do with this calamity essential. Try this lumpiang sardines recipe now!
- 1 Sardines
- Lumpia wrapper
- Small Carrot
- 4 Cloves of Garlic
- Small Ginger
- Celery or Kenchay
- 1 Cup of Flour
- ¼ cup of Grated Cheese
- 1 tsp. Salt, Pepper and Seasoning powder
- Chop onion, garlic, ginger, celery and carrot in a food processor.
- Sauté the chop vegetable in a pan and add the sardines. Mix well until the sardines broke into small pieces and add the salt, pepper and seasoning powder. Let it cool
- Mix the sardines mixture with flour, egg and Cheese. Then mix it well and set aside.
- Ready the lumpia wrapper and scoop the sardines mixture and roll into lumpia wrapper.
- Use gaw-gaw or egg white for locking the wrapper.
- Fry until crispy brown.
- Served with sweet chili sauce and white rice. Enjoy