Coffee jelly is now almost a staple dessert among Filipino homes. Why? This is so easy to do! Cooking Pinoy gives you a classic recipe of this sweet that you will surely love!
With our love for coffee, we have been so creative in incorporating it even in our dinner meals! Are you familiar with chicken rubbed with coffee? Yes, the strong flavor coming from it is best with dark meat. How about coffee marinade and coffee vinaigrette? They are possible, we tell you. You can also roast vegetables, especially carrots, with coffee to add further color. It also intensifies the natural sweetness in vegetables. But the most successful of all is having it in our desserts. Among them, coffee jelly takes a special place in the heart and in the dessert tables of many Filipino homes. In addition to its easy preparation, it is budget-friendly.
We already love gelatin or agar. We always have it during occasions, commonly paired with leche flan. It is flavored gelatin with milk. This another dessert craze is similar, except that you do not just add milk and sugar to your gelatin. You also put in coffee! So how is that? Your favorite drink turned into dessert! You can even adjust the taste according to the coffee kick you want.
Wit its popularity, it is also now more than a dessert. Often cut into cubes, coffee jelly is also commonly used as topping to milk shakes and milk teas! Have you tried one already? Many milk tea shops offer these goodies as added toppings to their creamy drinks. It can also be used as garnish for ice cream or on top of a hot or cold iced coffee. Ready to slurp your own version of this dessert? TRy our recipe now!
- 1 tbsp. Coffee powder
- 1 cup Sugar
- Unflavored gelatin
- Nestle cream
- 1 Small can Evaporated milk
- 1 small can Condensed milk
- 5 liters Water
- In a cooking pot put water, unflavored gelatin and sugar. Mix well until the gelatin dissolved.
- Turn on the stove and put the pot with gelatin mixture and stir well until the mixture heated but not boiling.
- Then add the 1 tbsp. coffee powder and stir until to dissolved.
- Put the gelatin mixture in a swallow pan and let it cool.
- Cut the gelatin into small cubes and mix with the evaporated milk, condensed milk and nestle cream.
- Add cheese (optional)
- Serve chilled and enjoy.