- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 egg yolks
- Egg white from 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup chocolate syrup
- 2 cups fresh milk
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- Butter, for pan-frying
- In a mixing bowl, combine egg white and ½ tsp sugar. Mix with an electric hand mixer until light and fluffy. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, combine flour, remaining sugar, baking powder, salt, milk, and egg yolks. Mix well then strain to remove lumps.
- Add the chocolate syrup and the prepared egg white mixture. Mix well until smooth.
- Heat some butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Scoop some of the mixture onto the pan (use approximately ¼ cup for each pancake). Fry until brown both sides.
- Serve hot. Top with chocolate syrup and powdered sugar if desired.