- 2 cups cassava, grated
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups coconut water
- 1 tsp lihia
- 1 teaspoon buko pandan essence
- Dash of green food color
- Dash of yellow food color
- 1 cup coconut, grated
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- ½ cup coconut strips
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ⅛ cup sugar
- First, prepare the cassava. Peel off its skin then wash with water. Grate the cassava then transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Add sugar, coconut water, lihia, and buko pandan essence. Mix well.
- Divide the mixture into two. Put green food color on one part then yellow food color on the other part.
- Brush some melted butter in each molder cup then put pichi-pichi mixture.
- Arrange them properly in the steamer. Steam until the mixture becomes translucent.
- While still hot, remove the cooked pichi-pichi from the molders using a spoon.
- Roll pichi-pichi into the grated coconut.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, mix the coconut milk, sugar, and coconut strips until it boils and the sauce thickens.
- Pour the sauce over Pichi-Pichi.