Cooking Pinoy brings you the best Sprite chicken wings that you can ever make at home! Try this recipe!
This dish may seem not common, but you will have to try it again and again once you got a taste of it. If you are bored with your usual adobo, this dish is for you. It is like adobo with a twist. Adobo with Sprite and without so much sauce but still tasty! One of the keys in this dish is to marinate the chicken wings in a combination of flavor-giving stuff. The longer they sit in it, the tastier your wings will become. So if you want to have it in the morning, you can try preparing the chicken the night prior. You will never regret having an extra hour of working in the kitchen.
This dish is now popular, especially with the rising of Korean food. Chicken wings really have a special place to some. They do not mind the bones at all. They have a way of “deboning” them beautifully and skillfully while enjoying the meat. While others are having a hard time, having wings is heaven for them.
So why use Sprite by the way? Have you tried doing it before? Here is why. Sodas like Sprite contain a type of acid called phosphoric acid. It helps tenderize the meat, making it soft. That is why Sprite is commonly used in marinades. It also provides an acidic and sweet flavor to the dish. However, you need to add a thickening agent whenever using sodas. This is to help “lock” the flavor into the meat, both outside and inside. In this recipe, we will be using oyster sauce.
Are you ready to be surprised? Get your ingredients now! Happy cooking!
- 200-300 grams chicken wings
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 cup Sprite
- In a mixing bowl, combine chicken wings, garlic powder, soy sauce, oyster sauce, and black pepper. Mix well then marinate for about 2 hours.
- In a non-stick pan, put the marinated chicken wings then add Sprite. Cover then bring to a boil.
- When it boils, lower the heat. Mix continuously until all the liquid has been absorbed by the chicken.
- Remove from heat. Serve and enjoy your Sprite chicken wings!