For the patties:
1 1/2 lb ground beef
3/4 cup bread crumbs
1 pc egg
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp salt
For the mushroom gravy:
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp garlic, chopped
1/2 cup button mushrooms, sliced
2 1/2 tbsp all-purpose flour
1 beef cube, dissolved in 1 1/2 cups water
For making the patties:
1. In a mixing bowl, combine ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
2. Get at least 1/4 cup of the mixture. Roll into a ball then flatten using your clean hands.
3. Heat cooking oil in a pan. Fry the patties until brown on both sides.
4. Remove from the pan then drain excess oil. Set aside.
For making the mushroom gravy:
1. Melt butter in a pan (set in medium heat).
2. Add the garlic. Sauté for 1 minute.
3. Add the button mushrooms. Sauté for 1 minute.
4. Add the all-purpose flour. Mix until dissolved.
5. Add the water with beef cube. Stir well.
6. Adjust to low heat. Simmer until the sauce thickens. (Tip: if you notice that the gravy is too thick, add some water)
1. Pour the mushroom gravy over the fried patties.
2. Serve with steamed rice. Enjoy your Jollibee-style burger steak with mushroom gravy!