Carbonara is a popular Italian pasta dish made with eggs, cheese, bacon, and black pepper. Spaghetti is usually used as the pasta; however, fettuccine noodles can also be used. The original carbonara (Italian traditional style) is not really cooked with cream, but as it was adopted and cooked by different nationalities, there grow a lot of variations in cooking it. Well, variations are only seen on the additional ingredients used, like veggies (you can also add one if you want, but be sure it complements well with the other ingredients). Pasta, here as the main ingredient, is known to have many health benefits. Did you know that in Western countries, they don’t eat much of rice? Yes, because they just depend on pasta and breads. So obviously, pasta here is a good source of carbohydrates.
What’s more interesting is that, even though you take loads of this, you won’t get obese. Another healthy ingredient is the cheese which on the other hand is a good source of protein since it came from milk. So as you see, this carbonara is really a dish that completes your diet table plus the garlic bread which is also nutritious. So, this is it! Review and carry out all the said instructions below and make a good carbonara! Enjoy!
- 1 Kilo Pasta
- 2 pack Nestle Cream
- 1 cup Fresh milk
- 1 can mushroom
- 1 pack Parmesan cheese
- 200 grams slice Bacon
- 200 grams slice Ham
- White onion
- Fresh Basil leaves
- Butter or margarine
- 1 tsp. Salt and pepper
- Cooked the pasta in then set aside.
- Saute the bacon in margarine until crispy brown.
- Add the slice ham and onion. Stir well
- Add the slice mushroom and saute until cook.
- Add the slice basil leaves and stir.
- Add the slice mushroom and continues stir.
- Add the 1 cup fresh milk.
- Add first the 1 pack only of nestle cream and add 1 cup of water stir.
- Don’t let it boil so it will not break the creamy texture.
- Add the egg yolk only and thickened with parmesan cheese.
- Add some cream to make it creamy sauce and seasoned with salt and pepper to taste.
- Enjoy the carbonara sauce with your favorite pasta.
- Garnish and Serve. Enjoy!