Excited for the upcoming summer season? Well, aside from preparing your bikinis and picnic thingy you should also get ready those foods to cool down the hot temperature. One good way to do that is by trying this homemade strawberry ice cream recipe we have here for you. Its sweet and flavorful taste will surely balance your summer from burning to icy. This ice cream is like no other because here, the strawberry is used as the prime flavor. Commonly, this ingredient was used on pastries for filling. Aside from strawberry, this recipe also uses other flavoring such as whipping or all-purpose cream, whole milk and sugar. Plus, this cooler is also healthy as strawberry contains nutrients essential to have a sound body. A total sweet, creamy and irresistible combination of ingredients! Surely, this will satisfy your sweet tooth. Perfect dessert to pair in any meals, or have this for snack. This comforting food is also great to those home alone time, while watching television or movie. Perhaps you can share this dish to your love ones during those gatherings, celebrations or occasions with friends and family. Bring sweetness to you dining using this strawberry ice cream. So try this recipe now, or add to your file of desserts and snack next to prepare during your meals. Happy cooking!
- ½ kg strawberries, trimmed and sliced (1/4 inch slices)
- 2 cups whipping or all-purpose cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- ⅔ cup sugar
- Put half of the sliced strawberries in a food processor or blender and puree. Set aside the other half.
- Combine cream, milk, and sugar in a saucepan and heat with continuous stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and pour mixture into a large bowl. Add the strawberry puree and mix well.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator until completely cool.
- While the chilling the mixture, dice the remaining sliced strawberries into smaller pieces.
- Pour the cooled cream mixture into an ice cream maker (refer to manufacturer instructions).
- Stir in the diced strawberries towards the end of the process.
- Transfer the ice cream to an airtight container (or used ice cream container) and freeze for at least 2 more hours before serving.