If you’re thinking of whipping up something but don’t have a lot of free time to do it, a ref cake is a great way to prepare a lovely, cooling dessert that won’t require you desperately peeking into the oven or sweating over the stove. While you’re busy accomplishing your daily tasks, this little delight is setting properly in the fridge to be served any time you like: layers of crunchy lady fingers soaked in rich, thick condensed milk, evaporated milk and cream, punctuated by refreshing mango slices and the crunch of candied pili nuts on top as an elegant finish to a surprisingly hassle-free recipe. You can substitute the pili nuts with any other you desire, but you may find yourself hooked on the classic pairing of mangoes and cream, a decadent yet light finish to any meal full of the flavors that every Filipino family loves
- 2 packs of lady fingers (broas)
- 4 large mangoes, sliced
- 2-3 cups candied pili nuts
- 1 can condensed milk
- 2 packs all purpose cream
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- Mix the condensed milk and cream together.
- Slightly dip lady fingers in a evaporated milk.
- Place a layer of lady finger at the bottom of a container.
- Add a layer of mixed condensed milk and cream on top of the ladyfinger.
- Place mangoes and pili nuts on top.
- Repeat procedure until you reached the desired. Lastly top with mangoes and pili.
- Put in a refrigerator, to serve cold.