Home-made Puto Ube Cheese Recipe
- 340g plain flour
- 250g white sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 125ml evaporated milk
- 250ml water
- 2 raw eggs
- 250g butter, softened
- ½ teaspoon ube flavour
- ⅛ teaspoon violet food powder(optional)
- cheddar cheese for toppings, cut into thin slices
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees C.
- In a bowl, mix together dry ingredients then sift.
- Pour in the water and evaporated milk and stir well. Mix in the eggs, ube flavour, violet food powder and butter. Do not over mix.
- In a steamer, boil water then wrap the over with a towel.
- Grease mini muffin pans then pour the mixture into molds ¾ full. Top with cheese.
- Steam over medium heat for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of a muffin comes out clean.
- Let it cool slightly before removing from the muffin pans.