Home-made Lechetin Recipe ( Leche flan with Gelatin )
- 10 pcs egg yolk
- 1 big can evaporated milk
- 1 can of water (using the can of the evaporated milk)
- ¾ can of sugar (using the can of the evaporated milk)
- 1 sachet of Knox powdered unflavored gelatin
- 1 drop of almond extract
- 2 drops of vanilla extract
- 6 tbsp sugar for carmelized sugar on llanera
- Prepare 2 pcs. oval shaped tin-pan (llanera).
- Caramelize around 3 tbsp of sugar by direct heat on each of the llanera.
- In a large bowl mix together beaten egg yolks, milk, sugar and water, stir until sugar is dissolved completely.
- Add powdered gelatin mix well and then with the use of strainer pour unto a large saucepan.
- Stir until it simmers and when it is already thick add the almond and vanilla extracts and then pour unto the oval shaped tin pans (llanera) with caramelized sugar.
- Let it set and cool in the refrigerator for 1 hour.