Ginataan recipes are common in Filipino cuisine. There are wide range of it starting from vegetable, sea foods and meat as the main ingredient. Ginataan dishes are flavored with coconut milk making the recipe richer and creamier.
Along the long list of ginataan, one of the favorites is the ginataang papaya or papaya with coconut milk. Basically, the recipe uses green papaya and mixed with seafoods like shrimp, crabs or fish and even chicken or pork. However, this recipe only used green papaya, coconut milk, spring onions and seasonings. Seems so simple but guaranteed that it will taste so good.
Great to pair with hot cooked rice for any meal. You can also add a little bit chili for some kicking flavor.
- 1 small green papaya (sliced)
- 1 c thick coconut milk
- 1 c thin coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp leeks or spring onions
- (use garlic/onion if preferred)
- salt, seasoning, chilis
- Saute leeks or spring onions in 2 Tbsp thick coconut milk.
- Add papaya, thin coconut milk, salt and seasoning.
- Cover and cook.
- When papaya is tender, add thick coconut milk and chilis and cover.
- Remove from heat. Serve.