Ginata-ang Alimasag at Tahong with Malungay Recipe
- 1 lb. mussels, cleaned
- 1 lb. crab
- Malungay leaves
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 3 tablespoons ginger, cut in thin strips
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 pieces birds eye chili (optional)
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Heat the cooking oil in a cooking pot.
- Sauté the garlic, onion, and ginger
- Add the fish sauce, crab, ground black pepper, and chili. Stir.
- Pour-in the coconut milk. Let boil.
- Let the coconut milk reduce to half and then add the spinach. Cook for 1 minute.
- Put-in the mussels and Malungay leaves. Stir and then cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Serve with steamed rice. Share and enjoy!