Filipino Monay Bread Recipe
- Dry ingredients:
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- ½ cup powdered milk
- Wet ingredients:
- 1½ cups warm water
- 1 packet yeast (about 5 grams)
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 egg yolks
- Mix all dry ingredients and set aside.
- In another bowl, mix the yeast with 1 ½ cups warm water . Make sure that the yeast is active, meaning bubbles should be visible. Add the sugar and give it a stir. In a separate bowl, mix the melted butter with 2 egg yolks. Now, mix both the yeast mixture and the butter mixture together.
- Slowly mix the wet and dry ingredients together until it becomes a dough. Knead the dough and form a ball. Put the dough in a bowl and cover it with a kitchen cloth. Leave it for 2 hours or until the dough doubles its size.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degree Celsius).
- Knead the dough again for about 5 minutes. Form a log and slice it into the desired size.
- Coat a baking sheet with butter or oil and arrange the rolls on the pan. Beat the remaining yolk and water together in a bowl to form an egg wash. Brush the egg wash on top of the rolls. Bake for about 20 minutes or until the tops turn golden brown.
- Source: filipinofoodonline.co.uk