- 2-3 tbsp. oil
- 3 potatoes, peeled, quartered and fried
- 1 lb. chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 1 tbsp. patis (fish sauce)
- 3 tbsp. curry powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup water
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into big squares
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into big squares
- 3 celery stalks, cut into 1-1/2” long
- 1 cup coconut milk or evaporated milk
- Pan fry potatoes. Set aside.
- In the same pan, fry chicken pieces and brown a little.
- Add garlic and onion. Sauté for a few minutes until soft.
- Pour in patis and season with curry powder, salt and pepper. Stir for 2 minutes.
- Add water. Cover and bring to a boil. Lower the heat; add celery, bell peppers and fried potatoes. Simmer for 3 minutes or until half done.
- Add milk and stir occasionally. Cook for another 7 minutes (or lesser when using evaporated milk because the liquids will curled).
- Remove from heat. Serve hot.