Easy Vigan Empanada Recipe
- 1½ cup Mochiko Rice Flour
- Orange food coloring (optional)
- ½ cup Water
- 1 tbsp. Oil
- 1 Green (Unripe) Papaya, grated
- 4 pcs. Longganisa Sausage Chopped (remove from its casing)
- ½ Chopped Onion
- 1 Garlic Clove Finely Chopped
- 6 Eggs
- Cooking Oil for deep frying
- Mix ingredients in a bowl and knead dough lightly.
- Take about a 2-3 tablespoons of dough and flatten with rolling pin.
- Set aside while you make your filling. Before you make your filling preheat your deep fryer by adding the cooking oil and set aside.
- In another skillet pan saute garlic and onions in oil. Add Longganisa Sausage and season with salt and pepper to desired. When sausage is cooked pu t in a bowl and mix it a little to cool it down. Wait 2-3 minutes and mix in grated papaya.
- Spoon out 2-3 tablespoons of filling to flattened dough and crack a piece of fresh egg. Seal the sides and deep fry in the preheated deep fryer.
- Place Empanadas in a plate topped with plenty of paper towels to blot oil. Serve in another clean platter and with sweet chili dip or garlic vinegar on the side.
- Image: resurrectingtheilocanospirit.wordpress.com