Easy Buko Tart Recipe
- Pie Filling:
- 2 cups coconut meat, shredded
- ½ cup coconut water
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ½ cup evaporated milk
- ½ cup cornstarch
- Pie Crust:
- 2 cups all purpose flour, sifted
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3-4 tablespoons ice-coldwater
- Part 1
- In a deep pan, combine filling ingredients then simmer and stir in a low heat until thickens. Set aside.
- Part 2
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour and salt then mix well.
- Add butter then mix thoroughly. Gradually pour cold water then mix until well blended.
- Gather the dough into a ball shape then refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a clean flat surface, place dough in wax paper then flatten using a rolling pin until ⅛ inch thick.
- Part 3
- Cut out a circle shape in a flat dough then arrange and press down in a muffin pan.
- Prick dough with a fork then pour with coconut filling.
- Place top cover dough over the filling then seal the edges and prick with fork.
- Bake in a preheated oven over 400 degrees Fahrenheit then bake for 40-50 minutes or until golden brown.
- Source: http://filipinostylerecipe.com/2013/10/buko-tart/