If you are looking for something to prepare during snacks but bored of the same old recipe you used to bake, then this dish is perfect for you to try. This super easy bacon croquettes recipe requires no baking that makes it simple to prepare. Great for those who wasn’t that so good in the kitchen specifically in baking.
This recipe uses flavorings and ingredients such as bacon strips, mashed potatoes, egg yolk, onions, flour, mozzarella, bread crumps, egg, milk and oil. A good choice of dish for those unexpected visitors for snack or those running out of time moments. Surely this dish will be loved by the kids as it is flavored using bacon.
Who can resist the meaty savoring taste of bacon? Now you just have to follow this very simple and quick recipe and enjoy your snacks with bacon croquettes. A healthy and delicious recipe you could try in your home. So add this now to your file of dishes next to try and prepare. You could also share this to your family and friends during those gatherings, picnics, and simple bonding that is enjoyed with food. Have a delicious snack time!
- 4 bacon strips, finely chopped
- 2 cup mashed potatoes
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- ¾ cup plain flour
- 40 g mozzarella, cut into small strips
- 1½ cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup milk
- 5 tbs oil
- Heat non stick frying pan over medium heat and cook bacon 3-4 minutes or until crisp.
- Combine mashed potato, egg yolk, onion, bacon and ¼ cup of flour in a large bowl.
- Roll heaped tablespoons of mixture into strips. Push one cheese cube into the centre of each strip, molding mixture around to enclose the cheese.
- Place remaining flour on a plate and breadcrumbs on another plate.
- Whisk milk and egg together and place in a shallow bowl.
- Roll croquettes in flour shaking off any excess. Dip in egg mixture then coat in breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in frying pan.
- Cook croquettes in batches then transfer to a plate lined with paper towel and serve hot.