Do you suddenly want a creamy carbonara? Discover how in this easy-to-prepare carbonara recipe. Among Filipinos, carbonara is becoming common. This Italian pasta dish, which is based on eggs, cheese, bacon, and black pepper, came from Rome. The dish was created in the middle of the 20th century. In this recipe, fettuccine pasta is used, but other kinds, such as rigatoni, linguine or bucatini can also be used. However, spaghetti is usually used as pasta.
Generally, carbonara is prepared by combining the hot pasta with a mixture of raw eggs, cheese, and a fat (butter, olive oil, or cream) away from additional heat to avoid coagulating the egg, either in the pasta pot or in a serving dish. The eggs should create a creamy sauce and not curdle. Meat is also added, in which bacon is commonly used. The use of egg, which maybe whole egg, only the yolk, or a mixture, makes the difference among carbonara recipes.
Cream is not common in Italian recipes, but is used in this recipe here. Other variations may include peas, broccoli, mushrooms, or other vegetables. As the creamy carbonara title implies, this recipe is meant to be creamy. Hence, evaporated milk, all-purpose cream, and cheese, and cheese, and loads of cheese are used. Aside from bacon, ham is also added.
Ready for a creamy dish? Try this now!
- 500 grams Fettucine noodles(or any desired pasta)
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 250 ml all purpose cream
- 1 can creamed of mushroom soup
- 200 grams sweet ham
- 200 grams bacon
- 1 head garlic, minced
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 250 grams grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoon parsley, chopped (optional)
- In a large pot, prepare the pasta based on cooking instructions. Set aside.
- Fry the bacon but not too crispy. drain and cut into small pieces. Set aside.
- Fry the ham, drain and cut into small square pieces. Set aside.
- In a pan, heat oil and saute garlic and onion. Add ¾ of fried bacon and ham.
- Add evaporated milk and creamed mushroom soup.
- Add the all purpose cream and grated parmesan cheese. Stir and bring to boil.
- Season with ground pepper.
- Add more evaporated milk or a cup of water if the sauce is too creamy or salty.
- Simmer until beginning to thicken. Remove from heat.
- Prepare pasta on pasta tray, top with grated Parmesan cheese together with the remaining bacon and ham bits and chopped parsley.
- Serve with garlic bread. Enjoy!