Coffee jelly is now almost a staple dessert among Filipino homes. Why? This is so easy to do! Cooking Pinoy gives you a classic recipe of this sweet that you will surely love!
With our love for coffee, we have been so creative in incorporating it even in our dinner meals! Are you familiar with chicken rubbed with coffee? Yes, the strong flavor coming from it is best with dark meat. How about coffee marinade and coffee vinaigrette? They are possible, we tell you. You can also roast vegetables, especially carrots, with coffee to add further color. It also intensifies the natural sweetness in vegetables. But the most successful of all is having it in our desserts. Among them, coffee jelly takes a special place in the heart and in the dessert tables of many Filipino homes. In addition to its easy preparation, it is budget-friendly.
We already love gelatin or agar. We always have it during occasions, commonly paired with leche flan. It is flavored gelatin with milk. This another dessert craze is similar, except that you do not just add milk and sugar to your gelatin. You also put in coffee! So how is that? Your favorite drink turned into dessert! You can even adjust the taste according to the coffee kick you want.
Wit its popularity, it is also now more than a dessert. Often cut into cubes, coffee jelly is also commonly used as topping to milk shakes and milk teas! Have you tried one already? Many milk tea shops offer these goodies as added toppings to their creamy drinks. It can also be used as garnish for ice cream or on top of a hot or cold iced coffee. Ready to slurp your own version of this dessert? TRy our recipe now!
- 1 pack unflavored gelatin (we used Mr. Gulaman)
- 1.5 liters water
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee powder
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 pack all-purpose cream (250ml)
- 1 pack condensed milk (250ml)
- Dissolve the in gelatin 1.5 liters of water (or you may follow instructions on the gelatin’s packaging).
- Bring to a boil until dissolved, then add sugar.
- Remove from heat. Stir in the instant coffee and dissolve thoroughly.
- Transfer the gelatin in a shallow container. Spread about 1 inch thick. Set aside.
- When the gelatin sets, cut into cubes.
- Blend the all-purpose cream and condensed milk in a separate container. Pour the mixture to the gelatin and refrigerate.
- Serve chilled and enjoy!
Coffee Jelly Recipe video:
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for more awesome recipe videos!