Whether you are going to a backyard barbecue or just looking to make a good side dish or snack, macaroni salad is a classic. This macaroni salad is made with pineapple, chopped vegetables, and a distinctively seasoned mayonnaise dressing.
This recipe is so easy, you just need to cook the elbow macaroni with the right tender so it would look and taste fine when mixed with the other ingredients. It is also perfect appetizer for every occasion that you can store in the fridge and take out for unexpected visitors.
It is fairly easy to throw together this meal, and it is a definite crowd-pleaser. Bring it to your next party and watch it disappear. Just remember that it includes mayonnaise that can go bad if it is left in warm temperatures for too long. Refrigerate shortly after serving so the ingredients do not spoil and stay fresh.
- 1 700mL pack LADY’S CHOICE REAL MAYONNAISE
- 1 200g pack salad macaroni
- ⅓ cup minced carrots
- 1 tbsp finely chopped onions
- ⅓ cup pickle relish
- ⅓ cup diced cooked ham
- ⅓ cup pineapple tidbits, drained and diced (reserve juice)
- 1-1/2 cups cooked shredded chicken breast
- ½ cup cheese, cut into small dice
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- Pinch ground black pepper
- fine iodized salt, to taste
- Cook Royal Salad Macaroni according to pack directions. Set aside and let it cool.
- In a separate bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients.
- Add Lady’s Choice Mayonnaise and cooked Royal Salad Macaroni.
- Season according to taste. Chill before serving.